Trailblazer - Kilimanjaro - The Trekking Guide
Our Price £11.19 With Free UK Delivery On All Orders Saving £2.80 (20%)
Trailblazer - Kilimanjaro - The Trekking Guide to Africa's Highest Mountain
At 5895 metres (19,341ft) Kilimanjaro is Africa’s highest mountain. Yet with no mountaineering skills necessary to reach the summit, even non-climbers can experience the thrill of climbing one of the world’s greatest peaks. Taking you from the dusty plains of East Africa through jungle and moorland to the glacier-clad summit, this is one of the most beautiful and challenging treks there is.
The most authoritative and detailed guide to climbing Africa's highest mountain.
For the 4th edition
* The routes have been walked again, both on Kilimanjaro and Meru, to check that the descriptions are still accurate.
* Everything has had a thorough update including the guides to the cities and towns and the review of the trekking agencies.
* The Shira Plateau Route has been walked and added.
* Routes covered on 35 detailed walking maps in the proven Trailblazer style; all walking times are indicated along with points of interest and gradients. We cover what other walking guides leave out – comprehensive details of where to stay and where to eat along the way in gateway city guides. Includes a detailed bird spotter’s guide and a full-colour flora identification section.
* Extra colour sections plus a 16pp colour introduction to Kilimanjaro and the climb.
Plus as in the previous edition:
- Comprehensive trail guide and maps (with GPS waypoints also downloadable from the website) to the six major routes: Machame, Marangu, Rongai (Loitokitok), Lemosho, Shira and Umbwe – by a writer who’s climbed them all
- City guides – where to stay, eat and what to see en route to Kili in: Dar es Salaam, Nairobi, Arusha, Moshi and Marangu
- Planning your trip and booking a trek – when to go, what to take, how to book your trek: extensive reviews of trekking agencies
- Mount Meru – a popular pre-Kilimanjaro trek
- Background information – comprehensive history, geology, climate, flora and fauna, plus cultural information on the Chagga people
- Porters’ rights – how you can help
- Green trekking – minimizing your impact
- Health and safety
We pride ourselves on providing a fast, efficient service and therefore we aim to dispatch all orders received before 3:30pm on the same day.
Free Standard UK Delivery
We offer free UK delivery via Whistl 3-day service as standard on orders up to a value of £50 which usually takes working 3 days for delivery. Orders in excess of this value will be upgraded free of charge to 24hr courier. Need it fast? we offer a selection of shipping upgrades at the checkout stage.
The Dash 14 day – ‘No Questions Asked’ Returns Policy
Provided you return the item(s) to us in an unused and resaleable condition along with its original packaging…
We guarantee that if you change your mind for any reason within 14 days of purchase, you are free to return your item(s) to us for exchange or full refund
Beyond our 'No Questions Asked' period we will of course, happily accept items being returned as a result of damage or packing errors. In each of these cases we will provide you with a freepost address for the return of the item(s).