Lonely Planet - Travel Guide - Middle East
Epic cities of antiquity, hustle-bustle metropolises, fairytale landscapes...the Middle East has all the history you'd expect and a host of surprises. Step up the pace with a hurtle through Cairo, then laze back with Red Sea diving or yachting on the Turkish coast.
This guide covers: Egypt, Iraq, Israel & the Palestinian Territories, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria and Turkey.
- One handy table summarises border crossings and visa requirements for the entire region
- The only multicountry Middle East guidebook on the market
- The only author-researched coverage of Kurdish Iraq in print
- Comprehensive information on budget accommodation and public transport
- Sustainable travel choices