Footprint Travel Handbook - Lebanon
Take a stroll around Beirut and you will understand why they call this city the 'Paris of the East'. Elegantly restored Ottoman and French-colonial buildings stand gracefully in the Mediterranean sun, while in Beirut's bustling commercial sector cafes dishes out strong back coffee by the bucket-load. From the Mediterranean Sea in the west to the summits of Mount Lebanon to the east and beyond, Footprint's 1st edition Lebanon Handbook is loaded with advice on when, where and what to visit on your trip. From superb skiing on Mount Lebanon to fascinating history in medieval Tripoli to the beautiful patchwork fields of Bekaa Valley, this guide will help you make the most of your visit.
- Essentials section with practical advice on getting there and around
- Highlights maps of the region so you know what not to miss
- Features tips on the best 'Fun and Free' activities for each region
- Advice on adventure activities like skiing, snowboarding etc
- Detailed street maps for Beirut and key destinations