Footprint Focus Guide - Orkney & Shetland Islands
When the rain stops falling and the mist clears there is no more beautiful place on Earth than Scotland's northernmost archipelagos, the Orkney and Shetland Islands. Leave the Scottish mainland and set foot on a land of ancient relics, deserted beaches and stunning wildlife. Norse settlers occupied these islands for centuries, making for a unique cultural mix of Scandinavian and Scottish influences. Footprint Focus Orkney & Shetland Islands gives you the information you need to get the most out of your trip; covering beautiful coastlines, mysterious ancient monuments, evocative bays and glorious wilderness, along with the best places to stay and eat and where to enjoy a wee dram of your favourite malt whiskey.Packed with practical and detailed advice on how to navigate these ancient archipelagos, this concise Footprint Focus guide helps you make the most out of your trip without weighing you down.The content of Footprint Focus Orkney & Shetland Islands guide has been extracted from Footprint's Scotland Highlands & Islands Handbook.
- Small, compact soft cover guide
- Includes Essentials section with indispensable information on getting around
- Objective recommendations of great places to stay and eat
- Get off the beaten track and discover jaw-dropping scenery and experience real wilderness
- Detailed street maps will help you find your way around