Lonely Planet - Travel Guide - California
Tempt vertigo on the hills of San Francisco and rub elbows with a star in an LA boutique. Sample syrahs in the Wine Country, cruise cliff-hugging Hwy 1 or hike in the heat of Death Valley. Whether you're a city slicker, road tripper or adrenaline junkie, grab this in-depth, cheeky guide and let our local authors steer you to the treasures of the Golden State..
- PLOT YOUR ROUTE – 120 detailed maps and seven handy itineraries help you navigate and plan your adventure
- TAKE IT OUTSIDE – surfing Steamers Lane, climbing Half Dome, skiing Tahoe, diving San Diego: the scoop on the hottest California activities
- EAT YOUR HEART OUT – hundreds of restaurant reviews, from tasty taquerías to celebrity-chef bistros
- SLEEP EASY – the best places for California dreaming, from mountaintop campgrounds to oceanfront resorts
- CROSS THE BORDER – expanded Las Vegas chapter shows you how to hit the jackpot in flirty, fabulous Sin City, plus tips on heading south to Mexico