Lonely Planet - Pocket Guide - Venice
The Venice Encounter guide gives you twice the city in half the time.
There's just no city like it - and it's not only its shimmering, cinematic beauty that makes it so special. Turn down a backstreet or two and discover what goes on behind the scenes.
This pared-down number is ideal for quick trips - it's less accommodation, more neighbourhood highlights and the best of local knowledge.
- Full-colour pull-out map and detailed neighbourhood maps for easy navigation
- Unique itineraries and highlights help you get a backstage view of one of the most visited cities in the world
- Art historian and culture critic Alison Bing recommends the very best sights, restaurants, shops and entertainment
- Local musicians and artists reveal Venice's startling innovative streak
- Interviews with locals reveal Venice's secrets
- Best-value shopping tips