Lonely Planet - Travel Guide - Sri Lanka
Lonely Planet guide books are renowned for their first-hand approach, up-to-date maps and commitment to providing the best, impartial and objective information for travelers.
Marco Polo thought Sri Lanka was the finest island of its size in all the world - and we agree. Explore the majestic ancient cities of Anuradhapura, Polonnaruwa and Sigiriya. Stretch out on secluded palm-fringed beaches. Follow the glowing strings of lights on the pilgrim trail up Adam's Peak. Ride through hillside tea plantations in a rattling train..
- GET THE LOWDOWN our dedicated Snapshot, Culture and History chapters are your ticket to understanding local life
- GO ON SAFARI get up close to Sri Lanka's birds, elephants and leopards: our detailed national parks information shows you how
- DON'T JUST LIE THERE we tempt you off the beach with Sri Lanka's best diving, hiking and surfing
- KNOW YOUR KITUL FROM YOUR KIRI BATH our Food & Drink chapter will help you gobble your way through the island's celebrated cuisine
- FIND YOUR WAY easy-to-read maps show you where to go
|Product Country||Sri Lanka|