Lonely Planet - Travel Guide - Scandinavia
Beyond the Arctic Circle the aurora borealis tangoes across the night sky, in Stockholm tangled streets beg to be explored, and a wild weekend runtur in Reykjavík will leave you thirsting for more.
This Scandinavia guide covers: Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, Tallinn, Iceland, Norway and Sweden.
- SEE IT ALL - explore the region using our detailed itineraries, easy-to-use maps and colour highlights
- FOLLOW IN THE STEPS of the Vikings - in depth coverage of an extraordinary wealth of ancient sites
- GET OUT, GET ACTIVE - discover Scandinavia's pristine wilderness with suggestions on the best places to ski, hike, cycle, canoe and dogsled
- KICK UP YOUR HEELS - from Helsinki's beer terraces to the irrepressible buzz of Copenhagen's bars and cafés, comprehensive entertainment listings give you the edge
- SLEEP LIKE AN ANGEL - with our definitive accommodation options for all budgets