Ordnance Survey Pathfinder Guide - Brecon Beacons
OS Brecon Beacons Pathfinder Guide - 18
Outstanding Circular Walks - 1:25,000 scale
Within the boundaries of the Brecon Beacons National Park there are four separate mountain ranges including the Black Mountainsand the Beacons themselves. Most of the area is underlain by old red sandstone, unlike the more rugged mountains of North Wales, and several walks explore this terrain of smooth, sweeping grassy uplands and wide, open vistas, including the Brecon Beacons Horseshoe.
With 28 circular, graded walks all tried and tested by seasoned walkers, this book is the ideal companion for . The routes range from extended strolls to exhilarating hikes, so there is something for everyone.
- Clear, large scale Ordnance Survey mapping;
- 28 great country walks from 3.5 to 9 miles
- GPS references of all route waypoints
- details of refreshment stops and parking;
- walking safety advice; and
- information about walkers and the law.