Lonely Planet - Travel Guide - Great Britain
Lonely Planet guide books are renowned for their first-hand approach, up-to-date maps and commitment to providing the best, impartial and objective information for travelers.
Surf-pounded cliffs and crystal-clear lochs, confident metropolises and ancient towns, dramatic wildernesses and remote island getaways - with so much on offer, which Britain will you choose? Explore every side of this diverse land with our inspiring new guide. This guide covers England, Wales and Scotland.
- PLAN YOUR ROUTE – full-colour highlights, compelling itineraries and 200 easy-to-use maps lead you from the Orkneys to the Isles of Scilly
- IMMERSE YOURSELF – unravel the past and make sense of the present with our in-depth coverage of Britain's rich history and culture
- SLEEP SWEETLY – discerning accommodation reviews guide you to isolated bothies, snug B&Bs and glamorous boutique hotels
- MAKE YOUR ESCAPE – activities info takes you far from the madding crowds, whether on foot or by bicycle, wearing crampons or a wetsuit
- GET STUCK IN – comprehensive eating and entertainment listings help you track down the best local food and the hottest clubs