Lonely Planet - Travel Guide - Germany
Fairy-tale castles, medieval towns, boisterous beer halls, breathtaking landscapes and a cutting-edge arts scene - the land of Beethoven and Bratwurst delights, excites and inspires. Whether you want to discover Berlin's raw nightlife or ascend the jagged heights of the Bavarian Alps, this guide will enable you to unlock Germany's many unique experiences.
- GET AROUND with our 139 detailed maps, including one of Berlin's complex transport system
- EXPLORE Germany's historic cities with our detailed walking tours leading you to the grandest cathedrals and the finest hidden treasures
- DINE OUT in style - whether it's a Gastätte a Weinkeller or just a Wurst that you're after, our eating reviews have got it covered
- DREAM SWEETLY in a 12th-century castle or an eccentric, modern 'Flying Bedroom' - whatever your budget we'll find you somewhere to rest your head
- ESCAPE - cruise down the Rhine, hike through the Black Forest and ski the Alps with activities information throughout