Footprint Travel Handbook - South American Handbook
Wake up to the intoxicating aromas of exotic herbs as you saunter through the bustling street markets of Bolivia's biggest city, La Paz, or watch the white-sand beaches of Venezuela sparkle beneath the afternoon sun. Footprint's 88th edition of the South American Handbook is the perfect guidebook for the intrepid traveller wanting to explore length and breadth of this vast and fascinating continent. From dense rainforests to towering mountain ranges, gourmet coffee to tropical fruit, ancient ruins to lively city squares: Footprint's revised and updated guide to South America is the perfect guide to this rich and vibrant continent.
- First published in 1924 The South American Handbook is the longest-running English language travel guide
- Author Ben Box has been working on the South American Handbook for over 30 years and is a Latin America expert
- Unparalleled in depth and breadth of coverage: no other guidebook covers South America so comprehensively
- Updated annually ensuring that this is the most up-to-date guidebook available
- Perfect for anyone who prefers to travel without the tourists: This guidebook covers places that are simply not featured in any other travel guide to the continent
- Detailed and thoroughly researched listings, including where to eat, sleep and drink, all the adventure sports, activities, arts, historic sites and culture