Footprint Travel Handbook - Peru
Whether you want to experience the wild nightlife of Lima or the exotic wildlife of the jungles of Manu and Tambopata, surf at one of the world's top breaks or discover lost Inca cities high in the Andes, Footprint's eighth edition of the highly acclaimed Peru Handbook will show you how. The ultimate guide to getting off the Gringo Trail, the Peru Handbook provides unparalleled coverage on the country's ruins, fiestas, hotels and restaurants and other attractions that will take the more adventurous traveller off the beaten track.
- Discover the unique wildlife of the rainforest with extensive coverage of the jungles of Manu and Tambopata
- Author Ben Box has travelled in Peru for over 20 years and knows the region intimately
- Provides suggestions of activities for the adventurous traveller, from whitewater rafting to mountain climbing in the Cordillera Blanca
- Tips and advice on how to escape the crowds and take alternative treks to Machu Picchu
- In-depth background section tells you everything you ever wanted to know about the Incas