Footprint Travel Handbook - Northern Spain
Northern Spain is miles away - both literally and figuratively - from the crowded resorts of the southern coast. This cluster of ancient kingdoms is home Gothic cathedrals, stunning mountain ranges, charming seaside towns and the buzzing cultural capital of Bilbao. From samping fresh seafood and delicious cider to walking the medieval pilgrim route to Santiago - Footprint's 5th edition of the Northern Spain Handbook will help you make the most of your trip.
- In-depth coverage of the region's activities, from climbing to skiing
- Highlight maps to help you get the best from this vast region
- Exceptional background and history section - from the Reconquista, to pilgrims, to politics
- Where to stay and eat for your budget; also offers information on the best refugios, paradores and sidrerías
- Includes feature on the Camino de Santiago