Footprint Travel Handbook - Laos
Travellers will be wowed by the stunning natural beauty of Laos and the laid-back temperament of the locals.Footprint's 6th edition Laos Handbook provides all the necessary information for getting to know this tiny country and more!Laos is a little tranquillity in the heart of Southeast Asia, sandwiched between Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand this is where travellers come to get away from it all. Footprint's 6th edition Laos Handbook has been completely revised and updated and provides everything needed to make the most of this peaceful and beautiful country. From hiring bikes and exploring the 4,000 islands in the south, going high-speed down the Mekong in a rubber tube, seeking out some amazing French bakeries in Vientiane or trekking deep into the mountains. With fantastic listings on how to do all these, plus the necessaries on where to eat, sleep and drink this guidebook is essential for anyone wanting to really experience this beautiful country for themselves.
- Comprehensive coverage of all the country's attractions, from the Plain of Jars to the '4000 islands'
- Includes an up-to-date section on responsible travel and local customs
- Extensive background section provides a real insight into the history and culture of this beautiful country
- Essential 'Useful words and phrases' section at the back of the book
- Up-to-date recommendations of places to eat, drink and sleep