Footprint Travel Handbook - Brazil
Relax on one of Salvador's white-sand beaches and smell the rich spicy cooking of Bahia, or hike in the mountains that overlook Rio de Janeiro. Spot all manner of rare wildlife along the waterways of the Pantanal and explore the lush forest and waterfalls of the Goias Cerrado. Footprint's seventh edition of the Brazil guide is perfect for the adventurous traveller wanting to get off the beaten track and explore South America's largest and most diverse country. This guide is jam-packed with information about the country's eclectic carnivals, passionate sporting events, vast biodiversity and spectacular scenery.
- Great coverage of Amazonia and the adventure travel scene including caving, canoeing, scuba-diving, hang-gliding, para-gliding and many more
- Loaded with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track, from dune-trekking in Olinda to birdwatching in Minas
- Includes comprehensive listings from the Mardi Gras celebrations in Rio to the traditional parades and hippy festivals in Cidade de Goias and Bahia
- Plus all the usual accommodation, eating and drinking listings for every budget
- Full-colour planning section to inspire travellers and help you find the best experiences