Footprint Full-Colour Guide - Venice & Veneto
A city of romance and riches defined by its past, Venice floats in a world of its own. This myth-making maritime former republic was where east met west, and power and affluence fuelled unsurpassed creativity. Only great ingenuity can stop its transcendent testimonies to imagination crumbling into the sea. Beyond the marshlands of the lagoon lies the prosperous region of the Veneto, boasting the villa-lined Brenta canal, fortified towns, undulating vineyards and the snow-capped peaks of the Dolomites. It has truly great cities too: Padva, Vinenza, and Roman-built Verona, a city infused by the legacies of dynastic rule and love. Including a standalone Popout map, this guidebook will be the only thing you need to pack.
- A whistle-stop tour through Venetian art, illustrated in 10 paintings
- Advice on the best value places to stay - from pensiones and apartments to nunneries
- Comprehensive guide to food and wine of the region
- Tips on how to get the most from your visit
- Author's favourite walk round the city
- Verona, Padua, Treviso, Asolo, Cortina d'Amprezzo & the Dolomites covered