Footprint Full-Colour Guide - Provence & The Cote D'Azur
Glamour, glitz and a sunny Mediterranean temperament, Provence and the Côte d'Azur is blessed with an interesting history, tempered by a mix of cultural influences. The Camargue's pink flamingos give way to bustling Marseilles, France's second city. The Luberon's chestnut forests and lavender fields undulate down to the seaside towns and sandy beaches of the Alpes-Maritimes. From glamorous Nice to the smaller coastal towns, all synonymous with art, exuberance and untouched beauty: whether you want to see Picasso's museum and former home in Antibes, star-spot at the Cannes Film Festival or kayak the Caribbean-blue bays that surround the fishing village of Cassis this guide has it all. Including ideas for great days out, locals recommendations and travel tips to avoid the crowds and save money, this full-colour guide to Provence & Côte d'Azur will give you an insight into a region that will have you wishing for more holiday!
- What the locals say: Suggestions from local people on where to go and what to do
- A year in the region: Month-by-month guide to pros and cons of visiting at certain times of the year
- Great days out: A series of great driving routes and city walks
- Favourite things: The author's personal recommendations of a place of an activity
- Pick of the picnic spots: Where to picnic and the best places to buy your goodies