Footprint Focus Guide - Skye & Outer Hebrides
These remote islands, stretching out into the Atlantic Ocean like stepping stones in a vast lake, lie at the extremity of the British Isles and the very edge of our imagination. Hike through the Isle of Skye and feel your heart soar at the sight of surreal rock formations, wild emerald pastures, and implacable mountains rising from the sea. Footprint Focus will guide you from these wondrous sights to the Outer Hebrides where you'll experience true remoteness - fierce Atlantic winds, bleak peat bogs, and endless tiny lochs. These are the islands of emptiness and there's nowhere like them on earth.Packed with practical and detailed advice on how to navigate these breathtaking landscapes, this concise Footprint Focus guide will help you get the most out of your trip without weighing you down.The content of Footprint Focus Skye & Outer Hebrides guide has been extracted from Footprint's Scotland Highlands & Islands Handbook.
- Small, compact soft cover guide
- Essentials section with indispensable information on getting there and around
- Get off the beaten track and discover Skye's charming but little-known 'Small Isles'
- Comprehensive listings of where to eat, drink and sleep
- Detailed street maps of Bilbao and other important towns