Footprint Focus Guide - Beirut
Go for an early morning walk along the Corniche - Beirut's seaside promenade - and watch as the Mediterranean Sea laps against the rocks while the summits of Mount Lebanon dominate the horizon to the east. Enjoy a strong black coffee here before hitting Hamra to experience Beirut's bustling commercial side or the old Central District to admire the elegantly restored Ottoman and French-colonial buildings - a demonstration of Beirut's determination to become the 'Paris of the East' once again. Footprint Focus Beirut features practical advice on getting to and around this up-and-coming city, along with fascinating insights into Beirut's culture and history.The content of Footprint Focus Beirut guide has been extracted from Footprint's Lebanon Handbook.
- Small, compact soft cover guide
- Essentials section with practical advice on getting there and around
- Highlights maps so you know what not to miss
- Comprehensive listings of where to eat, drink and sleep
- Detailed street maps for Beirut and other key destinations