Footprint Focus Guide - Bahia & Salvador
Relax on one of Salvador's white-sand beaches and you will see the art ballet of capoeira, smell the rich spicy cooking of Bahia, and get the unmistakable feeling that you are in African Brazil. The homeland of Brazil's African heritage is like nowhere else in Brazil: carnivals sway to the rhythms of the drum troupe orchestras while churches are decorated with statues of black saints. Footprint Focus Bahia & Salvador will take you from the cultural capital Salvador, along Bahia's beautiful coast, stopping off at an assortment of laid-back little towns and hedonistic party-cities on the way. Includes practical advice on getting to and around the region plus fascinating insights into the area's culture and history.The content of Footprintfocus Bahia & Salvador guide has been extracted from Footprint's Brazil Handbook.
- Small, compact soft cover guide
- Essentials section with practical advice on getting there and around
- Highlights maps so you know what not to miss
- Comprehensive listings of where to eat, sleep and party
- Detailed street maps for Salvador and other key towns and cities