Lonely Planet - Travel Guide - Ethiopia
Awe-inspiring, beautiful and sometimes heartbreaking, Ethiopia and Eritrea are not like anywhere you've been before. A realm of rock-hewn churches, buzzing bazaars and untouched wilderness, the Horn of Africa is truly unique. See the mist rising off the mountains, hear the gurgle of children's laughter in the narrow streets of Harar, or catch a glimpse of a wolf prowling under the thorn trees.
- Read up - special sections on Ethiopia's unique bird life and Eritrea's diverse peoples.
- Dine out and sleep easy - extensive restaurant and hotel listings
- Talk it up - language chapter covering Amharic and Tigrinya
- Stay safe - vital information on health, scams and no-go areas
- Find your way - 32 maps, including a full-colour regional map