Collins Nicholson - Waterways Guide - Notts, York & NE
Our Price £13.59 With Free UK Delivery On All Orders Saving £3.40 (20%)
Waterways Guide 6: Nottingham, York & the North East
Popular guide covering the canals and waterways between York and the River Trent south of Nottingham. Colour Ordnance Survey(R) maps clearly show locks, towpaths and boating facilities. There are also comprehensive navigational notes as well as descriptions of the towns and villages, pubs and restaurants alongside the waterways.
Waterways covered in this guide - Aire & Calder Navigation, Chesterfield Canal, River Derwent, Fossdyke & Witham Navigations, River Ouse, River Ure and Ripon Canal, Pocklington Canal, Selby Canal, Sheffield & South Yorkshire Navigation, River Trent, Grantham Canal.
In print for over 40 years, the Collins/Nicholson guides to the waterways have always been a vital part of journeys along Britain's canals and rivers and this new edition has been updated to show the newly opened Grantham Canal. The guides are designed for anyone and everyone with an interest in Britain's inland waterways - from experienced boaters to those planning their first boat trip, as well as walkers, cyclists and visitors.
The Ordnance Survey(R) maps have added information showing:
• Locks, bridges, tunnels, aqueducts, winding holes and towpaths.
• Waterpoints, sanitary stations, pump out facilities and refuse disposal.
• Boatyards, pubs, restaurants and local shops.
• Mile markers and milestones (distance in miles and number of locks to strategic points along the waterways).
• The history and background to each canal.
• Local services and places of interest, pubs and restaurants listed with postcodes - ideal for sat-navs.
• Opportunities for walking and cycling.
• Notes on wildlife to be found along the waterways.
Comprehensive navigational notes include:
• Maximum dimensions and low bridges.
• Mileages, advice and potential hazards.
• Navigation authorities and contact details.
We pride ourselves on providing a fast, efficient service and therefore we aim to dispatch all orders received before 3:30pm on the same day.
Free Standard UK Delivery
We offer free UK delivery via 2nd class Royal Mail service as standard on orders up to a value of £75 which usually takes working 2-4 working days for delivery. Orders in excess of this value will be upgraded free of charge to 24hr courier. Need it fast? we offer a selection of shipping upgrades at the checkout stage.
The Dash 14 day – ‘No Questions Asked’ Returns Policy
Provided you return the item(s) to us in an unused and resaleable condition along with its original packaging…
We guarantee that if you change your mind for any reason within 14 days of purchase, you are free to return your item(s) to us for exchange or full refund
Beyond our 'No Questions Asked' period we will of course, happily accept items being returned as a result of damage or packing errors. In each of these cases we will provide you with a freepost address for the return of the item(s).