Cassini Box Set - History of Kidderminster & Wyre Forest (1831-1921)
2 cm to 1 km or 1¼ inches to 1 mile
Cassini 3-map Box Sets are a set of three matching Cassini maps from three different periods, designed to appeal to anyone who wants to discover the hidden history of their local landscape.
These maps are taken from Ordnance Survey's Old Series, Revised New Series and Popular Edition maps. Britain's 19th-century landscape re-projected and enlarged to match the present-day Ordnance Survey Landrangers Each map in the box has been carefully scanned, digitally re-projected and enlarged to match the present-day Ordnance Survey Landranger series. By using the same sheet numbers and grid references these Cassini maps allow the reader a direct comparisons between the historical and contemporary map with ease and accuracy.
Key features include:
- Same map names and numbers as the equivalent Ordnance Survey Landranger
- Digitally enhanced cartography
- British National Grid for ease of reference
- Locator map featuring modern-day settlements
- Sheet indicator showing maps used
- Robust laminated cover with contemporary illustration
- A full history and overview of Ordnance Survey's 19th-century mapping
- 3 map box set neatly presented in a plastic display box
|Series||Historical Box Sets|